Review: L'Oreal Superliner Blackbuster Eyeliner

I'm going to be honest here. When it comes to eyeliner, I'm not a subtle woman. I like my lines to be thick and out there. I have quite big eyes so I can pull it off. I like a bit of extremity here and there. That's why I decided to try out the L'Oreal Super Liner Blackbuster eyeliner.

The advertisment promises a lot:

I don't generally wear my eyeliner that extreme, but it's nice to know that this eyeliner can pull of such extremes. Or well, let's see if it does...


The pen is rather thick with a pointy end. Perfect if you want to go for above look or just a thick line. I don't think it will be as precise if you want to go for a thinner line, but there are plenty other eyeliners out there which do get that job done.

And it sure is black. Very black. I tried to get a thin line which worked quite well, but this eyeliner really seemed to be made for thick lines. Just my cup of tea.


It slides on perfectly. Really, it takes zero effort to get colour on your lids. However, it is not as intensely black as advertised or when you swatch it on your arm. You really need to build up the colour to get it very black. That's okay if you like building it up to have more control, but I prefer my black to be black right away. Also, as you can see in the picture, when it is not completely dry yet, it tends to smudge and fade easily as can be seen in the inner corner of my eye. So be careful with that.

All in all, a very good eyeliner for ladies who like their eyeliner to be thick, If you want more control and prefer thinner lines, I suggest you keep looking.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I'm yet to perfect the wing liner.. How is this on oily eyelids? I usually have a problem with transfer.

    I also wanted to let you know that I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    Here is my post with directions :)

    http://ellen-rozalia.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    Ellen Rozalia xx

    ReplyDelete