Inspiring shit: David LaChapelle


A few months ago, I finished a 6-month course at an art school. It was quite possibly one of the best times of my life, because I could study everything that had to do with art and creating a performance. One of the artists I had to research was David LaChapelle. I am still very much inspired by his work and wanted to share his work with you.

The reason why I love LaChapelle's work is because his images are very surrealistic and colourful. They make you feel happy, even though the message hidden in the photographs is not happy at all. I love the contrast and I admire the fact that he doesn't shy away from controversy. I think there is nothing wrong with being shocked at times because it makes us think and it starts discussions. Which is a good thing.

I have included some of the work of LaChapelle in this post and I hope it will inspire you the way it has inspired me. Whether that be in photography, make-up, fashion or any other way.




No comments:

Post a Comment