Review: L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Quad

 I have to be honest with you. I don't have a lot of eyeshadow palettes. It is not that I don't want to have more, it is just that I tend to stick to my Naked 2 palette and it makes me feel bad that I don't use any other palettes. But a little colour in life is a good thing, so I went to the store and got this L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Quad palette in Lilas Cheri. I chose the purple one because it is a colour that really suits my green eyes.
I love the packaging. It is very light and obviously made of plastic, but the gold somehow makes it feel luxurious. The fact that it is not heavy is convenient if you want to take it with you in your bag for touch-ups.

The colours are not insanely pigmented. With most L'oreal eyeshadows I tried in the past this was the case. But they are pigmented enough and I might just be spoiled because I use that Naked 2 palette so much which is insanely pigmented. I love the white colour in this palette as it is a great highlighter and the darkest colour is also really good. The two shades in the middle are okay too. I think the darkest purple is the prettiest, the other one is not really as present.

I tried out the look that was suggested on the back of the palette. I don't think the picture does the colours any justice. The white is much whiter in real life and a great highlighter. The lightest purple is not really evident, however, the darker purple works really well all over the eyelid. The darkest colour looked rather black when I tested it on my arm, but it looks good on the eye and suits well with the other colours.

Here's a complete look. I used the L'oreal Blackbuster eyeliner which I will review later on and the Rimmel Day&Night mascara. I also put the highlighter under my eye so it is more visible.

And here some full face pictures:

I really need to get my fringe cut. Geez.

Is the palette worth the money? Well, I'm sure that there are much better pigmented palettes out there, but it is not bad. It is easy to work with and nice and shimmery. There is not much fall-out and it is great for subtle, summery looks which can be worn during the day or at night.

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Quad is available in most drugstores.
Price: €14,99 £7,99

3 comments:

  1. lovely post! please check out my blog: www.lilysbeautyroom.blogspt.co.uk its a beauty/fashion blog! thankyou ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shades, I'm a definite fave of purple eyeshadows for my brown eyes :)
    xx

    http://izzbizzz.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky with brown eyes! You can use almost every colour and look amazing!

      Delete